What is a passing grade at KU?

According to Article II, Section 2 of the University Senate Rules and Regulations, the letters A, B, C, D, S (satisfactory), CR (credit), or + indicate a passing grade, while letters F, U (unsatisfactory), and NC (no credit) indicate a failing grade. If you recieve a failing grade you must retake the course to obtain credit. 

Specific departments and courses may still have a higher grade requirement in order for you to progress onward in your major or minor. We recommend reaching out to your specific department or professor in order to double check. 


KU Info Twitter
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today