! This information is out-dated and may no longer be accurate.

Where can I find professional counseling in Lawrence?

Currently enrolled KU students can go to Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) on the second floor of Watkins Health Center. You can get more information and hours by checking their website, or call(785) 864-CAPS.

There is also a Psychological Clinic located in room 340 Fraser (785) 864-4121. They offer individual, couples, family, and group therapy and you do not have to be a student to go. For more info call or visit their web site.

The Bert Nash Mental Health Center at 200 Maine Suite A (785) 843-9192 offers mental health services to residents of Douglas County and other Kansas counties that don't have their own mental health centers. They deal with all kinds of psychological, personal, emotional, and family problems. For more information call or visit their website www.bertnash.org.

DCCCA (formerly the Douglas County Citizens Committee on Alcoholism) is located at 3312 Clinton Pkwy (785) 841-4138. Provides alcohol and chemical abuse treatment to people expressing dependency problems without the need for a residential program. Individual treatment, marital treatment, family and group setting are available. www.dccca.org/.

KU's Child and Family Services Clinic is another good resource. It is a training clinic for the Ph.D. graduate students of the Clinical Child Psychology program at KU, and it is their mission to provide affordable mental health care to the Lawrence community. Their phone number is (785)864-4416.


KU Info Twitter
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today