• Home
  • Tell me about the Credit/No Credit (a.k.a. Pass/Fail) system.

Tell me about the Credit/No Credit (a.k.a. Pass/Fail) system.

For some classes (depending on your school and major), you can choose to bypass the regular A-F grading system and elect the Credit/No Credit option, often referred to as pass/fail. You sign up for it at your school office between the 21st and 30th day of the Fall & Spring semester, specific dates are posted on the KU academic calendar. Here's how it works:

If you earn an A, B, or C in that class, your grade report will show a simple CR, meaning that you've received credit for that class. However, if you earn a D or F in the class, then you'll get no credit at all, an NC on your grade report. The CR and NC do not affect your GPA in any way.

Click http://policy.ku.edu/governance/USRR#art2sect2 to see the University Senate Policy (Section 2.2.7)

KU Info Twitter
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today