I want to use VA benefits/my GI Bill this semester. What forms do I need to complete?
If you have not used your VA benefits at KU before, visit the Using VA Benefits page for more details.
Students who have been continuously enrolled need to submit the following each semester you're using VA benefits:
- Visit the Use VA Educational Benefits page and "Continued Request" form.
- During the process, you will receive an email to forward to your advisor for him/her to complete a VA Progress to Degree form. Monitor your KU emails.
- If you are receiving additional financial aid, (e.g. Pell Grants, scholarships), also complete the (optional) VA Educational Benefits - Early Release of Funds form to receive your additional financial aid sooner.
- ONLY for Ch. 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill users receiving additional financial aid/scholarships: VA Educational Benefits - Early Release of Funds.
- ONLY for students using Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill at the 100% level who live in Missouri: Yellow Ribbon Application.