Do I need an advisor?

Most students will have an academic hold placed on their account until they meet with an academic advisor. This hold will disable you from enrolling. All freshmen in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences require advising, as do nearly all students in Engineering, Social Welfare, Architecture and some Business students. In your case, it's probably best to check your Student Center in Enroll and Pay to see that an advising hold has not been placed on your account. Remember, you are ultimately responsible for getting the classes you need to graduate - your advisor is only there to help you along.

KU Info Twitter
One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
5th nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets: Colleges," Military Times
KU Today