KU Info Questions and Answers

What's the policy for auditing classes?

The University's official policy is that we don't offer the option to audit classes, however, it does happen.

The University does offer a "psuedo" audit which is called visitor's status. The student has to be admitted to KU and enroll for the class. It can only be for non-degree seeking students. If the student is 60 or older he/she can request a waiver of the tuition and fees. If the student is younger than 60 he/she does have to pay.

You do not receive a grade, but rather an NE (for not evaluated) on the transcript.

The Registrar has a good link on its Web site with further information.

Can't find the answer?

Email us your question

[staff: ed]

The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).